What we do
On 1 October 2007, ARQA-VET, the Austrian Reference Point for Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training, was established within the OeAD-GmbH, the Austrian Agency for International Co-operation in Education and Research.
We see ourselves as a service institution that wants to serve the actors in vocational education and training in Austria as well and as comprehensively as possible by means of providing services and know-how in the fields of quality assurance and quality development.
Our objective is to cross-link these stakeholders – our customers – and to play an active role as a mediator from and to the European level. As one of so far 21 national reference points we also want to act in a pro-active and innovative way in this European network.
The following fields of activity are at the start of our work:
- Information of the national stakeholders (these are the actors in vocational education, e.g. educational institutions, social partners and companies as well as those in vocational further education and training) about the activities of the European network and vice versa.
- Active support of the implementation of the work programme of ENQA-VET.
- Development of specific measures to support quality assurance and quality development in the field of vocational education and training.
- Awareness-raising amongst stakeholders concerning the advantages of the application of the principles, methods and tools of quality assurance.
- Operational support of section II Vocational Education and Training of the Federal Ministry for Education, the Arts and Culture in the implementation of QIBB (Quality Initiative Vocational Education) and the national and European activities of ENQA-VET.
ARQA-VET information folder ( 1.5 MB)